Learn more about the cost of your Los Angeles Bathroom Remodel
Ready for your renovation?! Do you feel like you need more information before you can say yes to your bathroom remodel? The team at Structura Remodeling is here to support you. Having provided accurate estimates for bathroom renovations for over 16 years, we understand the details that go into creating a dream California bathroom. Today, we’ll explore the average cost of a California bathroom remodel in Los Angeles.
There are a few key things to consider when researching the cost of a bathroom remodel.
1. Bathroom Size – The size of your bathroom will dictate the cost of materials and labor necessary to complete a renovation. Once you know your bathroom dimensions, you can estimate the pricing for flooring, cabinets, etc. This is where you have the most opportunity to control the budget. Whether you choose high-end, median-priced, or budget fixtures, cabinetry, and flooring will determine the pricing of your bathroom remodel.
2. Los Angeles Trends- Know what’s going on in your neighborhood. If you plan to stay in your house for the next thirty years, then It’s ok to use any style and materials that make you happy. If you plan to sell within the next five to ten years, find out what is popular, looks modern, and appeals to most people when you sell your home. Go to a few open houses or check with a local realtor. They should be happy to help. After all, you could be a future client.
3. Budget – Again, your choices will affect your budget. Will you choose prefabricated cabinetry or high-end custom cabinets? The custom cabinets are more expensive but will last longer and give you more design options. Are you installing a stand-alone tub and shower or just a shower? Marble tile flooring or laminate? Whatever your taste, budget, and choices are, remember always to have a 10-15% contingency plan for unexpected expenses. For example, if you open up the walls and find plumbing or electrical that is not up to code and needs to be replaced. This is common in renovation projects.
How to Feel Confident in Hiring a Contractor
Hiring a contractor can be a confusing process. You hear stories from friends and family about frustrating experiences they had in hiring the wrong contractor. Here is how to avoid the mistake of hiring the wrong contractor.
- Check credentials- California has specific requirements for Contractors. Make sure that anyone you hire is licensed, insured, and bonded. Check online with the Contractors State License Board website. Also, if you are a member of Angie’s list, you can check with them.
- Online review and referrals- Make sure the contractor has been in business for at least five years so you can check their track record with customers and the Better Business Bureau. Business owners can buy online reviews, so make sure they are from actual customers. Speak to neighbors and friends. Get referrals from satisfied customers.
- Get three bids to compare. – The more specific you can be about your choices for cabinets, fixtures, flooring, the more accurate the bids will be. You have to be able to compare apples with apples. If you get a low-ball bid, ask the right questions to see what’s included and what’s not. What is their experience? Do they have licensed electricians and plumbers on staff?
Here are some additional helpful hints:
Know the square footage of your space. The size of your bathroom can play an important factor in the estimate of your renovation. Are you planning to remodel your master bath? Or do you have a half bath that needs an upgrade? In either scenario have the square footage is a great first step.
What’s your style? Do you tend to appreciate modern, clean lines, or do you love the look of shabby chic? Knowing your style will help get an estimate of the fixtures, materials. This will also help with the initial bathroom design.
Are you looking for a walk-in shower, or are you more excited by having that perfect bathtub where your Los Angeles bathroom turns into your spa? A shower vs. a bathtub will also affect the average estimate you receive for your renovation.
Average Cost of a lower-end bathroom remodel:
Consider you are looking to remodel your Los Angeles bathroom and work within a budget. There are options to keep your estimate for your renovation on the low end. An average price for a lower-end bathroom remodeling works out to be between $12,000 and $15,000. With Structura, financing is always an option. The simplest way to adjust your renovation cost is by selecting prefabricated or re-purposed counters and cabinets. Fixtures come in a wide variety of finishes and price ranges to fit every budget. Lighting fixtures are a good place to save money. Often there are copies of higher-end fixtures that will give you the look you are craving. Also, remember that costs are equated to square footage for both labor and materials. That’s why there is a price difference between remodeling your mater bath vs. your half bath.
The average cost of a mid-range Los Angeles bathroom remodel:
If your renovation budget is more flexible, there are some things that you can achieve within the mid-range bathroom remodel. The average estimate for a mid-range bathroom remodel is approximately $22,000 to $30,000. Some of the differences you’ll see with a renovation at this price point are wood cabinetry, up-leveled shower fixtures, and the opportunity to play with more variety of titles and stones for counters, flooring, and showers. The tile selection opens up huge design possibilities, especially when considering your bathroom flow and ensuring that you’re honoring California design trends.
The average cost for a high-end bathroom remodel:
If you’re ready to invest in creating the bathroom of your dreams, you may find yourself in the higher-end budget for the cost of your bathroom remodel. The average estimate for a high-end bathroom renovation is between $55,000 and $75,000. Remember, financing is available, especially if you’re a Veteran or a Senior Citizen. If your Los Angeles remodel falls in the high-end, you can pretty much expect to dream…design and build your perfect bathroom.
You’ll most likely have the square footage to include both a stand-up shower and a soaking tub. Explore all the new technology. Customize your shower with light, sound, and temperature settings that operate by voice controls or your iPad. Get your morning news, weather, and stock market report with your morning show, or call up your morning playlist. Add a steam function to your rain shower. Also, add the perfect mood lighting for your new home spa experience. Choose Eco-friendly materials and heated towel racks. You may want to choose high-end stone, marble, or glass counters and contemporary designs that fit the California vibe as well as the upgraded fixtures. Wake up and step into your master bathroom, take a rain shower and end your day with a long soak in your tub. Enjoy a glass of wine and rinse off the day’s stress at home.
Taking advantage of a complimentary in-home consultation is a wonderful way to receive an estimate for your bathroom remodel while also creating a 3D design.
Remember, no job is too small or too big for Structural Remodeling, and we’re happy to answer any questions about your Los Angeles bathroom renovation.
Los Angeles Bathroom Renovation Cost Factors
– Tips for hiring a bathroom remodeling contractor in Los Angeles